Head of Legal
Remote (UTC-UTC+2 timezones)
Backed Finance is a new and innovative company on the cutting edge of regulated crypto. We are a team of driven and talented individuals passionate about bringing traditional and blockchain-based finance together.
We are looking for a legal professional to join our growing team and help us achieve our business goals. As a start-up, we are agile and constantly evolving, and we are looking for someone comfortable with change and excited to be a part of a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. The Head of Legal at Backed Finance will oversee the company’s legal affairs, including providing counsel on a wide range of legal issues and managing relationships with outside counsel. The individual will also be responsible for developing and implementing legal strategies that align with the company's business objectives and advising on compliance with relevant laws and regulations, such as securities law, tokenization and crypto-specific regulation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide legal counsel and guidance on a range of legal issues, including securities laws, regulatory compliance, commercial contracts and corporate matters.
- Support the development and implementation of new products and services, including conducting legal due diligence and advising on potential legal risks.
- Oversee the management of legal risks and liabilities, and guide risk mitigation strategies.
- Manage relationships with outside counsels and other legal service providers.
- Develop and implement legal strategies that align with the company's business objectives.
- Advice on compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including data protection and privacy laws and IP laws.
- Review, negotiate, and draft various legal documents, including contracts, agreements, and policies.
- Manage the legal budget and track legal expenses.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant legal developments and industry trends, and provide updates and training to the company as needed.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and admission to a country bar.
- Fluent in English, with German being a plus.
- Residence in a country between the GMT and GMT+2 time zones.
- At least three years of legal experience, focusing primarily on financial services andsecurities law.
- Concrete experience in the fintech or financial services industry is a must, andexperience in the Blockchain industry is a major plus.
- Strong leadership and management skills, able to manage and motivate a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to effectivelycommunicate legal concepts to non-legal stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically.
- Proficiency with technological computer software, particularly Google Workspace.
Interested? Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com